Thursday, July 31, 2008

Plein Air Painting @ Lunch

One of the perks of working in animation is that you can find other people who like to paint. Myself and a few friends at the studio go out during lunch for a little plein air painting. The time limit forces us to work quickly, and small. This is a collection of lunch sketches painted directly on an unprimed piece of birch board. They are about 20 minutes each, and feel more like aerobic exercises than paintings.
Also, for those people who like to paint roadside scenery, I recommend bringing a few of these signs along with you to help regulate traffic flow. ;)

12 Comments:

Blogger Ericka said...

oh my god! hahaha. That's hilarious.
And lovely quickies, I wish I had friends who'd like to paint.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Lucky you! My art friends are all slackers! They wouldn't even come to sketchcrawl with me. These studies are amazing though.

11:42 PM  
Blogger David Lobenberg said...

Great quickies. Hey...did you really put up those signs...pretty funny!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Kevin Keele said...

Inspirational! I need to get out and paint with real paint more.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Nava said...

Got to your blog via David Lobernberg's. I really like your style. Now I gotta get me some of these signs. :-)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Michael Pieczonka said...

nice excercises Marco. Hah.. I love the signs.. that should keep the peanut gallery away. BTW.. are you using a french easel in this?

7:58 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

Hey Mike,

Thanks. The photo is taken at a weird angle. I'm actually behind the French easel, using my good ol' pochade. My friend who took the photo was using the French easel.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Anders said...

excellent!!
impressive quick paintings! only 20 minutes each... really impressive...
you can't paint on the road like this here in France, even with a lot of roadsigns,actually, you can, but the only thing you'll do quick... is to die... ^^

5:52 AM  
Blogger J.R. Baldini said...

The 6th annual Great WORLDWIDE Paint Out takes place the weekend of Sept 5. Consider joining in and registering your location free on our website.
http://www.i-p-a-p.com

7:45 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

FANTASTIC!!!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

Anders. You live in France? Man, must be painting heaven out there!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Hoon said...

Really great, man

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home